solo tuba – music from past centuries to the twenty-first century – truly unique
Ralph's new group, HepTones, has already performed at:
- Twin Cities Jazz Festival in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015
- Weisman Art Museum at the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis
- Wausau Festival of Arts in Wausau, Wisconsin
- The Play Ground, a satellite theatre of the Duluth Playhouse and the St. Louis County Heritage & Arts Center (Duluth Depot)
- Hell's Kitchen, and The Nicollet, in Minneapolis
- Red Rock Center for the Arts in Fairmont, southern Minnesota: “Ralph Hepola and Mark Asche are a dynamite duo bringing the community a one-of-a-kind musical performance. Their music is upbeat, entertaining, and danceable. Passionate delivery. Would definitely welcome them back again.” - Sonja Fortune, Executive Director
HepTones is an outgrowth of Ralph’s solo and small ensemble performances including:
- Community TV 15 & 96 In Performance - “reaching 13,000+ cable TV homes” St. Louis Park, suburban Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Over the Back Fence Radio Show with a broadcast audience of 50,000 on KFIL in Minnesota’s Bluff Country
- Performances at Tubonium, a Regional Conference of the International Tuba Euphonium Association: March 2006 at Gustavus Adolphus College in St. Peter, Minnesota in a quintet with Los Angeles tubaist Jim Self who has performed on over 1500 movie soundtracks; and March of 2004 in a small ensemble which included Patrick Sheridan, the world's top tuba soloist.
- Saint Paul Chamber Orchestra Brass Quintet performance prior to American League Division Series Home Game 2 at the Metrodome in Minneapolis, Minnesota on October 5, 2002.
- Performance at the International Tuba Euphonium Conference with the ITEC Tuba-Euphonium Jazz All-Stars at the University of Minnesota School of Music in Minneapolis in June of 1998.
- Walker Art Center in Minneapolis
- The Tuba Concerto of British composer Ralph Vaughan Williams: recorded, and also performed live on the radio in Switzerland
- Ralph soloed with Northwestern University Jazz Ensemble I, which twice won Best Big Band at the Notre Dame Jazz Festival
- Southwest Minnesota Arts Council in Marshall, Minnesota
- AllAboutJazz.com the most popular jazz music website in the world reaching 500,000 visitors and generating 2.5 million page views per month, selected Ralph Hepola's If Four Were Three as Download of the Day for September 10th, 2016.
Click here for profile of Ralph Hepola